Sunday, March 18, 2012

Chasing Nikki By Lacey Weatherford

Chasing Nikki By Lacey Weatherford


Once again best selling author Lacey Weaterford succeeds in bringing tears to my eyes in this heart breakingly beautiful romance about young love. The book opens up to introduce use to the main character Chase, a partying playboy who for the time uses girls as a distraction instead of looking for love. When he is caught drunk and arrested its the last straw for his mother.


Widowed mother and trouble son move to the house his mother grew up in out on a farm with his drill sergeant like grandfather and doting grandmother. Instantly you fall in love with the grandparents and your heart bleeds for Chase, whose life is spiraling downwards ever since the death of his father.


On his first day of school he meets Nikki, a gorgeous girl who was burned by a football player and forever sworn off dating them. Chase being an intrepid young man and ex-quarterback sees a challenge and takes to the chase.


Over time they fall in love, they understand each other and they make plans for the future until tragedy strikes on what is supposed to be a night to remember.


The relationship between Chase and Nikki is beautiful and romantic, every girl reading this book wants a boy like Chase in their life and every guy who even hears about it wants a girl like Nikki. The character development is gradual and very pleasing.


This is a book you cannot put down not for a second so if you haven’t read it yet you may want to save it for a day when you can sit down and just read it because you will laugh you will cry you will fall in love with Chase and Nikki and cheer them on until the very end. As I read this book I couldn’t help but find myself crying, I cried for Chase and his pain and I cried for Nikki and her silent struggles.


Now I never read plain romance novels to be totally honest this is the first romance novel that wasn’t paranormal that I have read, and I loved it. I loved everything about it, I was hooked from the second I read the first page and had difficulty thinking about anything else other then this book when I was at school. The only other time I’ve cried over a book was when I read Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, it takes quite a lot for a book to evoke tears from me but their were tears and my heart swelled with each romantic moment or gesture.


Like with her other books the last line of this novel will never let you forget Chasing Nikki.

No comments:

Post a Comment