Monday, August 20, 2012

The City Of Bones..The Movie

I am probably late on finding this out, but I am just as excited as anything. Today is the first day of filming for The City of Bones a book that is being turned into a movie and is due to be released August 2013. When I first read The City Of Bones it had been from the first page and I became addicted to the series. I am really excited to see that it will be a movie soon and I really truly hope they do not Eragon Movie this book. I am sure any fantasy fan knows what I mean by "Eragon Movie" it. Meaning leave a lot to be desired and over all destroy a good book. Though that hasn't happened in awhile so I have faith this will be an accurate representation of the novel. The director of this film has never adapted a book into a movie before so I am a little more then concerned. The production company is the same one that brought us films like Hancock and Zathura, though those are good movies this company also brought us Ultraviolet (for the record i loved this movie) which crashed at the box office Also they brought us Ghost Rider (for the record I loved this one too). So given the company's history I am not totally confident they can pull this off. If it was Paramount Pictures or Lions Gate I'd be much more comfortable. Of course regardless of how good or bad it looks I will more then likely see the film in theaters. 
Something I am very excited about though is the fact they chose very good actors to play the characters Literally taking the descriptions of the characters and bringing them to life. 

I think they chose a great actress to play the main character, Clary Fray. She has the fiery red hair and deep eyes we are introduced to in the novel and she has many Clary-isms about her. To be honest though I have not seen Lily Collins act in much of anything though she was in Priest which gives me some expectations that she is ready for a film of this caliber. Given that Priest was an action film and supernatural we can only hope she is ready for this. 






Now the actor they chose for Magnus, really has surprised me. When I pictured Magnus Bane I found myself imagining more of a Lafayette type character from True Blood, which if you are not familiar with True Blood is a character who is a medium and a very flamboyantly gay black man. But everyone does have a certain idea when they try to envision a character. I've never seen Godfrey Gao in anything before and I am hoping he can live up to the expectations a lot of fans will have for him. I know Magnus is flamboyant but not overly so and he has a aura to him that screams power. So far it looks like Godfrey can scream power now lets see him walk the walk as well as talk the talk. It really isn't enough to just look good when you are becoming a character from a book. 




Though I haven't seen a majority of these actors act before I am happy with a lot of the choices. They look exactly like they were described in the book the only two I was worried about was Clary and Magnus. Seeing as the movie is due to come out next year I don't think we will have to wait long for a teaser trailer which I am eager to see how well or how badly they are doing with this production. 

Well I have said my piece, I am excited but on edge with this film. Because I love this series so much I really hope we end up with a heart stopping film. Other then my usual book reviewing I will keep posting updates on the film as we get information and I will probably write about other book-to-movie journeys. 


No comments:

Post a Comment